North Bohemian town Jiříkov is located in the Šluknov foothills near the border with Germany. In George's find diverse buildings, and panel construction, new family houses, to the well-kept homes obvazcové, which stands mostly along the creek Jiříkovský. On the square you can see the magnificent buildings of the last century heyday, with original jewelry folk buildings, so. timbered wooden houses. The dominant feature of the original town hall in classic style and the baroque church dedicated to St. George from 1728-1729. The most famous place of pilgrimage Pseudo-Gothic church in Filipov – Basilika helper of the Virgin Mary. He was ordained 11. October 1886 and in 1926 he received the title “Basilica Minor”. Papež Pius XI., who made this decision contributed to the fame of the temple, since this was in 30. years of the last century, the most visited church in Central Europe. Filipovská Fair to be held in late May has its tradition and its attractiveness to tourists sought from the Czech Republic and Germany.
Official website: www.mestojirikov.cz